First, let's go over a quick review of what mold is. Every kind of mold is a fungus, and share biology with mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is dangerous to humans is relatively uncommon in the fungi world, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't dangerous. However, some molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.
Government experts recommend that you call a who repairs mold damage Salisbury MD company for assistance if the mold growth takes up more than 9 square feet. When you see any big amount of mold growth, though, it's a good idea to reach out for cleanup assistance from professional mold damage cleanup. They can help you test for hidden mold in other places around the house using tools such as hygrometers, thermometers, laboratory-grade mold test procedures and more.
Before you contact mold removal services, the first step is to prevent the mold from growing. Do this by turning off any HVAC systems. Next, work to stop the moisture source that brought the mold in the first place. For example, clear standing water and fix plumbing problems if you can. Next, contain the problem. You might block off the area with plastic sheeting, for example.
Should you get a mold mitigation company to help or can you do it on your own? Beyond considering the magnitude of the damage, think about any exacerbating health concerns that make you prone to becoming sick.
Once you've made the decision, there are vital steps to take in either direction. If you're performing the cleanup, start with gathering proper safety gear and cleaning supplies. You'll need non-ventilated goggles, clothing items that are easy to wash and that cover your extremities, a mold-safe mask and mold-approved gloves that reach at least to your forearms. You will also want dedicated rags and a disposable tarp or two that will help catch mold spores as you remove them. Mold removal specialists agree that you should avoid leaving drywall that has mold on it anywhere because it can't be cleaned well enough. Whatever you do, don't clean with bleach, especially if you're dealing with a serious mold damage situation. It's mostly unsuccessful for soft surfaces, afterall, and only somewhat effective on hard surfaces. It's also potentially toxic because it can release fumes and should never be mixed with ammonia.
If you're worried enough about mold damage to research, you will want certified a professional mold removal company. Don't select a company focused in humid climates.
Check credentials before you hire a mold damage cleanup service. You can also make sure the company knows and follows federal mold cleanup recommendations whether your mold is in a business or a residence.
Mold left to grow sends off spores, which act like seeds and can cause damage to spread rapidly. If not, mold damage will continue to feast on your structure and will ruin your things.
The safest way to solve your mold damage is to get professional mold damage cleanup help. Don't hesitate.