It's important to learn about what mold is and where it thrives. Every kind of mold is a fungus, and share biology with mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is toxic to people is relatively rare in the fungus world, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't dangerous. However, some molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be mitigated and completely removed.
Government experts recommend that you reach out to a mold remediation services Sunrise FL company for assistance if the mold growth takes up more than about 9 square feet. When you see any sizable amount of mold growth, though, it's wise to call for cleanup assistance from mold removal services. They can help you make sure there is no mold spots in other places around the structure using tools such as measurement devices and laboratory kits and more.
Before you contact mold cleanup specialists, the first step is to stop the mold from getting worse. Turn off any HVAC systems. Then, work to stop the dripping or condensation that supplied the mold in the first place. Make sure roof leaks are no longer getting into your ceiling and staunch the flow of any water that has seeped into your basement. Then, stop it from spreading. You might tape off the room with disposable tarps, for example.
Should you get a professional company to help or can you do the cleanup on your own? Beyond thinking about the size of the damage, consider any aggravating health concerns that make you susceptible to becoming sick.
Once you've selected a solution, there are important steps to take in either direction. To complete the cleanup yourself, gather supplies such as long mold-approved gloves, coveralls and a mold-safe mask and a pair of goggles. You could also need disposable plastic sheeting and a saw to repair drywall, if that's where you found the mold. Experts agree that you should not leave unpainted drywall that is moldy anywhere because it can't be cleaned well enough. Just don't clean with bleach, especially if you're dealing with a substantial mold repair situation. It's completely ineffective for any porous surfaces, and only partially effective on hard surfaces. It's also potentially toxic because it can release fumes and should never be mixed with ammonia-based cleaners such as window cleaner.
Chances are that if you're concerned enough about mold damage to do online research, you need certified a professional mold removal service. It is best if you choose a mitigation service in your area, so contact if you live there. This will make certain that you find technicians with enough experience.
Before you select anyone, make sure that they are certified properly and that they are certified by groups such as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration.
You should remove any fungal growth you find to prevent further harm, and do it right away. If you don't, mold growths will keep eating on your home or business and will destroy your possessions. Some molds, those that release mycotoxins, can also cause sever health problems ranging from neurological damage to breathing problems and mold-related illnesses and generally poor health. Mycotoxins can be especially dangerous for infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system such as people with AIDS/HIV or lupus.
The smartest way to handle your mold problem is to get mold damage help. Don't wait another minute.